Important Information from Executive Telecommunications (UK) Limited T/a Incom Telecoms – Changes to data regulations
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will apply from 25 May 2018, when it supersedes the UK Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA). Significant and wide-reaching in scope, the new law brings a 21st century approach to data protection. It expands the rights of individuals to control how their personal data is collected and processed, and places a range of new obligations on organisations to be more accountable for data protection.
- The GDPR applies to personal data. This is any information that can directly or indirectly identify a natural person, and can be in any format.
- Data regulations are changing, we will keep treating your data responsibly.
- Although there’s a change coming up in data regulations, our commitment to protecting your data will never change.
Your information: what, why and where we use it
We collect information when you use purchase or enquire in regard to our products and services. That information can include, for example, your contact details and location.
We mostly use your data to manage your Account, Enquiries supply products and services relevant to you. We also use your data to improve our products and services and to develop new ones as is relevant to our business. The law also requires us to keep some information in order to comply with some legal obligations.
The type of information we have
The information we have includes:
- Your name, address, email address, telephone number
- Your preferences when it comes to our products and services
We do not retain any of your payments details at any time and all payment details provided to us are securely destroyed after processing in a timely manner.
Your marketing preferences
If you’ve chosen to receive information/marketing messages from us, we’ll use your data to bring you updates of any new products or services and invoices where relevant.
Your data and third parties
- We won’t share your data with any third parties for marketing purposes.
- We promise that we’ll always make sure your data is managed responsibly.
You have some important rights that determine how and whether we use your data. For example, you can decide you don’t want to be sent marketing messages and you’re entitled to receive a copy of your data. If you do not want us to contact you about our new products & services, then please email email@example.com we will ensure you do not receive any emails in this regard.
We thank you for your time in reading this important information.